The first hybrid gas electric car did not come out in 1983, but in 1917. Woods Dual Power was built by the Woods automotive manufacturer in Chicago. Because the gas engine was so rough, but powered and powered, but limited in range, the Woods Automotive Company wanted to offer a car that offers the best in both worlds.
The best part was to have a full hybrid (GM audition) regenerative braking. The engine was a parallel hybrid that contained a 12 hp four-cylinder petrol engine as an auxiliary drive system outside the electric drive train. The electric motor drives the car to 20 km / h. Combined with the gas engine, dual wood can reach 35 mph.
The gas engine and the electric motor are connected with a magnetic clutch. The gas engine is activated when it is activated (the driver-guided lever). The copper plate was thrown off against the flywheel connecting the electric motor to the gas engine.
Only the electric motor can be used vice versa. Why? Because the motor does not have a clutch, so the gas engine has no gears!
The car's battery designed for this car was as large as the electric cars at that time. After the car has risen to 20 mph, the gas engine can be switched on, enabling the electric motor and the gas engine to work together. The battery can be charged or discharged with another arm. Recharging was performed by the gas engine (at speeds above 6 mph) or by braking on the ground or slopes. The conventional brake pedal was used only at speeds below 6 mph.
Available for only $ 2650 (remember this in 1917). The wheel was luxury, which means extra $ 25. Or "pimp" the car an additional $ 100 (paint and equipment).
Finally, the first hybrid trade error was. It was built only in 1917 and 1918. It was too expensive, too slow and too difficult for commercial success.
Source by visit sbobet thailand