Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner Hybrids have regenerative brakes. Each self-test is carried out every 5 minutes, which puts the system under pressure. If you do not turn off the self-test function, it can cause serious injury while replacing the brake pad. The next step is to place the brakes in safe braking mode (SBSM):
- Put the vehicle in the ignition park
- Move to the brake pedal
- brake pedal, turn off the key and turn it on 3 times. Then release the brake pedal. This operation must be completed within less than 3 seconds.
- If this is done correctly, the brake warning light will flash when stored hydraulic pressure is released. Pressure remains when the pressure is released.
- Now it's safe to keep the brakes up. After repair, you must turn on the regenerative brake and then turn the ignition key on and off. Leave the button in the ON position
- When done, you must exit SBSM. To do so, move and hold the brake pedal while the ignition is switched off and then on. This puts pressure on the system. The brake light must now go down
This is just one thing you should know about servicing Ford Escape and Mercury mariner hybrids. Always read the service manual for safety instructions when working on or near high-voltage systems.
Source by visit sbobet thailand