Are hybrid car repairs more expensive and extended than gas-powered vehicles? The answer can help you decide to buy a hybrid vehicle. In addition, knowing the maintenance needs of a hybrid can help keep you from the store and on the road. First, it is indispensable to understand that hybrid vehicles are different from gas engines.
How do hybrids differ?
The main reason for driving a hybrid car is obvious: it's a big fuel saver. These vehicles combine the power of petrol with battery-powered electricity and combine the best of both worlds. Instead of wasting the energy produced by the gas tank, electrical drives store excess energy on the battery. In addition to assisting the gas engine in driving the car, the battery also takes over and allows the gas engine to be switched off whenever possible.
Most manufacturers guarantee hybrid batteries for up to 10 years or 150,000 miles. If your battery expires after the warranty expires, the repair and replacement costs will be between $ 1,000 and $ 6,000 in your wallet. Here is the good news: this is the only possible additional cost you risk while driving a hybrid.
The purpose of the hybrid vehicle is to wear certain loads of the gas engine. the vehicle remains, including the braking system. Each manufacturer is different but in most cases the regenerative braking is trapped and stores the electricity in the battery. With this system, the driver must gradually slow down to get as much electricity from the braking system as possible. This technology is less wearable on the brake pads.
As the gas engine is less used, oil should not be changed frequently. Instead of the usual 3000 mile change in oil change, hybrid owners can filter out 5,000 miles between oil changes.
Hybrid car owners are preventing battery failures that are not covered by the warranty for more than a decade, expecting to spend the same amount of money as owners of gas-powered vehicles for maintenance, if not less. Here are some tips to prevent unexpected repair costs:
- Always keep the battery pack that is down, so the regenerative brake system can store electrical power. It will extend the battery life to never let it run down completely.
- He stopped completely, slowly pick up the speed to save fuel.
- Use a synthetic oil in the hybrid vehicle and no other oil change needs 10,000 miles.
- Do not try to diagnose a problem with the battery; it is best to leave a licensed specialist to reduce the risk of shock
- Owning a gas-saving hybrid vehicle creditor make sure that a licensed, experienced driver is routine and emergency hybrid car repairs
Source by visit sbobet thailand