Morgan's four four-wheel sports overview, which includes the development of the second model of the Morgan series, features and technical details.
This article is a nostalgic look at the Morgan Four Four, which comes from an elite category of classic cars manufactured between 1936 and 1950. In 1936 Henry Morgan and his son were Ford & New Factory in Dagenham.
After the visit, he confirmed his intention to remain a small and flexible company and not to follow the mass production path.
He was planning to follow people in the footsteps of Donald Healey who were fond of fans and who were the philosophers of the product, not the process control.
By 1936, the Morgan Three Wheeler sports car continued its continuous production for 27 years, during which time 30,000 units were built.
However, the introduction of small, economical, mass-produced cars has made three-wheeled deaths.
The company's response was designed and built on a completely new car with four wheels, not three.
The new model was named the Morgan Four Four sports car.
The prototype was strictly tested in both trials and on the track, and finally started on the London and Paris Motor Show.
He chose "Four Fours" to distinguish between the three wheels, confirming that he has four wheels, no three or four cylinders, no two.
Car made of steel steel frame, later replaced by aluminum, on an ashtray frame on bodywork that requires the power and weight of the athletic car.
The 4-4 were successful.
The original two-seater Morgan 4.4 convertible, launched in 1936, was the three most sought after.
By 1939, the car was powered by a 1122 ccm Coventry Climax engine, which developed 34 bhp.
In addition, it was replaced by a special 1267 cc head valve engine, which developed 39 bhp, delivered exclusively by Standard Motor Company.
Built a four speed Meadows gear before 1938, replaced by an equivalent Moss unit mounted in the center of the chassis and coupled to the rear axle with a short rear axle.
The car used 8-inch Girling drum brakes, activated by rods and cables.
In 1937, the four seat version was announced, using the Coventry Climax engine.
Then in 1938, using the same chassis, the dripping coupe started.
This was an elegant car ride with high doors, a separate windshield, a permanent window frame, and a small piece of wood on the roof that made it easy and effective to lock the hat.
The early model was equipped with the Coventry Climax engine, which later changed to Standard Motor Company's 1267 cc special engine.
After the Second World War, all versions of 4-4 were equipped with a 1267 cc engine and continued to build up until 1950 when the larger Morgan Plus Four was successful.
Series 4-4 has further strengthened Morgan's reputation for quality and performance sports cars.
Morgans has gone through good road racing, such as the RAC Rally and the famous Tournament Trophy, which in 1937 put Morgan 4-4 into disadvantage.
Based on the 1937 4-4 winner, the new limited edition model was introduced, wearing the TT Replica, featuring a separate back with sloping backrest and a spare wheel.
Another limited edition model, Le Mans Replica, was based on the Lehmans' 24-hour model in the 1938 and 1939 races of 4-4.
In 1937, a small number of modified cars were built on the racetrack and had 1098 cc Coventry Climax engines with well-balanced crankshafts of 42 bhp.
In 1938, the Morgan 4-4, newcomer-led works were on the Le ans 24-hour race and finished in the 13th place.
Next year the car was fully 15, and the second was in Le Mans.
At this time, two remarkable attempts were made:
- A 22-bhp Ford V8 pilot engine was fitted to a Morgan chassis and produced impressive power
- The Arnott compressor when a Morgan 1 liter engine reached 80 mph -him. In 1946, car manufacturing continued, but after the Second World War, steel distribution was based on export production rather than the domestic market.
Accordingly, the company has launched intensive export operations for new markets.
Because of the steel shortage, after the Second World War, the Morgan body panels were entirely made of aluminum.  In 1947, Standard Motor Company introduced a new single engine policy that freed the special provision for the 1267 cc engine to Morgan after 1949.
In 1949, a new Morgan prototype was introduced, featuring a standard Vanguard 2.1 liter engine that produced much better performance than the 4-4.
The new car was named Morgan Plus Four, and was launched in 1950.
At the first Goodwood Motor Racing Meeting in September 1948, Peter Morgan put Morgan in the 1100cc class, position.
The company was particularly successful when its car was picked up in motor races and mountain climbing, specifically for unmodified production cars.
In 1954, new company innovations, the stalker radiator, were introduced in order to take advantage of additional aerodynamic properties.
In the public relations arena, Morgan was at the forefront in securing the benefits of celebrity recognition. Indeed, in the 1960s, notaries such as Brigitte Bardot, David Bailey and Ralph Lauren were looking for a city in Morgan's sports car.
Morgan has always focused on making simple cars with the aim of making them available on the widest possible market.
It is possible that this walk could have responded in the memory bar or at least illuminate a possible question:
Which is your Morgan sports car Is your favorite?
However, if this question remains unanswered, I will examine in detail the future articles of the website, the whole range of Morgan sports cars, which were featured in a memorable era from 1911 to 1996.
I hope you join the nostalgic journeys "down the carriage memory bar".
Source by visit sbobet thailand